C&T 2023 will host workshops to spark discussion and exchange of experiences among (applied) researchers, practitioners, and professionals working in the field of communities and technologies, as well as non-academic actors – individuals as well as organizations – working with technologies to affect community relations. The workshops provide a platform to discuss, explore, and advance specific research areas of Communities & Technologies. Each workshop should provide a forum to generate new, innovative ways of thinking about the topic, or ideas that suggest promising directions for future research. Topics addressed may include (but are not limited to) theories, methodologies, artefacts in practices, emerging application areas, design innovations, strategy and organizational issues pertaining to the overall theme of the conference.
C&T Workshops will run for a half or one full day and will take place on 29.05.-30.05.2023
- Submission deadline of workshop proposals: 08.03.2023
- Notification of acceptance for workshop proposals: 22.03.2023
- Descriptions of accepted workshops due: 29.03.2023
- Workshop papers due: 26.04.2023
Submitting a workshop proposal
- Workshop proposals must be no longer than four pages, excluding all additional material such as references, appendices, and figures.
- include the title of the workshop,
- list organizers and their backgrounds,
- provide workshop’s theme, goals, and activities,
- indicate maximum number of participants,
- provide means of soliciting and selecting participants,
- public description of the workshop to be shared via C&T website.
Selection Process: peer-reviewed
While workshop summaries will be integrated into the conference proceedings that will be a volume of the International Conference Proceedings Series published by ACM, organizers can consider converting individual workshop papers into edited books or special issues of journals.
The workshop papers will be published in EUSSET Digital Library. You may consider including such publication goals in your workshop proposal.
Please send any questions and inquiries to the workshop chairs: